[JOB POST] Law-Contracts Drafting and Abstracting- Associate at EY, Bengaluru: Apply Now!
The candidate should have 0-2 years of relevant contract review, redlining, negotiation, abstraction and due diligence experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
Ernst & Young (EY) is seeking to hire law graduates/post-graduates for the job role of Law-Contract Drafting and abstraction, for its office in Bengaluru.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Ernst & Young Global Limited (Ernst & Young or simply EY), is a British multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. EY is one of the largest professional services networks in the world.
EY provides consulting, assurance, tax, and transaction services. It was founded in the year 1989.
Along with Deloitte, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms.
About the Job Opportunity:
- The Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) team provides end-to-end assistance on all types of commercial contracting to the legal and business teams of large MNCs and law firms. The Pre-execution arm (or Drafting team) is set up to function as an extension of the in-house legal team and assist the contracting process from the point business requests a contract, to when the contract is approved and signed.
- They review and negotiate transactional contracts based on our client’s organizational policies and guidelines, get the necessary approval and get the contracts signed. Complexity or deal value is not a bar in any sense for us – we provide these services for contracts ranging from bespoke and complex to more standardized or even related administrative work.
- The Post-execution arm (or Abstraction team) supports the due diligence of transactions contracts through abstraction, summarization, and risk analysis. This is critical to clients in M&A situations or to get an insight into their risk profile or just to ensure better day-to-day business operations.
- They also work in collaboration with various client stakeholders and key decision-makers to operationalize legal functions for large MNCs through automation and process engineering.
- Ernst & Young or EY is seeking to hire law graduates/post-graduates for the job role of Law-Contract Drafting and abstraction, for its office in Bangalore.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Associates are lawyers who understand the basic contractual and legal concepts and are able to interpret and review the contracts. They are also expected to have good verbal and written communication skills. Associates typically comprise the first stage of the contract review process.
- Perform the first fine review, analyze and abstract a wide range of contracts, e.g. Patent License Agreements, IT Procurement Agreements, Web Hosting Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Software and Data License Agreements, Vendor Services Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Purchase and License Agreements, Sponsor Research Agreements, Inter-Institutional Agreements, Supply and Distribution Agreements, Staffing, Consulting and Teaming Agreements, Lease Agreements, Estoppels and SNDAA and other commercial contracts.
- Assist senior team members in negotiating contracts for our clients from various sectors such as Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, Manufacturing Companies, Finance companies, Human Resource Solutions, IT Services Industry, Universities, Film Production House, Global Web hosting Company, Power Management Company, etc. Accompany seniors to client/customer negotiation calls and prepare call notes.
- Act as a team player while working with a team of lawyers within the organization as well as the clients’ legal representatives and business teams on drafting, negotiation, abstraction, and due diligence projects involving the agreements described above.
- Draft responses to parties’ stand to ensure conformity to client specifications to ensure the best representation of client requirements in agreements to be reviewed by seniors.
- Contribute to the creation of project playbooks and other knowledge tools to successfully meet client expectations.
- Confirm deadlines on client deliverables without delays and renegotiate deadlines (when necessary) well in advance of the originally scheduled deadline; escalate client issues promptly and appropriately; consistently complete real-time client call notes.
- Provide professional, timely, and prompt service and responses to the delivery managers so that they can support the client contact and the sales team.
- Attend and participate actively in mandatory and non-mandatory training and certification courses.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree and Law degree (LLB or LLM) from accredited, reputable institutions
- An attorney with 0-2 years of relevant contract review, redlining, negotiation, abstraction and due diligence experience (preferably in a multinational corporation, in-house legal team or law firm handling similar work)
- Specific experience in CLM technology is attractive, but not essential
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Good analytical & logical skills
- Knowledge of English/Grammar enabling efficient comprehension of clients’ documents, codes, abstracts and other deliverables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn and adapt to different contract management platforms and client’s respective processes in order to be able to function smoothly and integrate with the client’s system
- Responsiveness – Sensitive to client deadlines
- Team Player – Ability to co-operate and work as a team member and encourage colleagues, maintains a positive attitude, contribute to team morale
- Contract Lifecycle Management technology is attractive, but not essential.
- Proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exceptional client management and project management experience.
Click here to apply.
Around The World