[JOB POST] Disney Hotstar is looking for Counsel in Mumbai.
Prior experience in drafting and negotiating contracts pertaining to the OTT world is a must.
Disney Hotstar is looking to hire professionals for the role of Counsel at its Mumbai office.
Overview of the company:
Hotstar is one of the fastest-growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands-on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing all types of transactions;
- Software technology agreements, master service agreements, content acquisition and syndication agreements, production agreements, mobile technology agreements, value-added services agreements, app embedding agreements, and app distribution agreements.
- Procurement agreements and services agreements.
- Prior experience in drafting, and negotiating contracts pertaining to the OTT world.
- Drafting of pleadings – writ petitions, plaints, complaints, written statements, company petitions, appeals, revisions, winding up petitions, statements of claim etc. before trial courts, High Court(s), Supreme Court;
- Assist in strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with the commercial objectives of the company
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, bills, consultation papers, and notifications, on corporate law matters.
- Timeline adherence for assignments handled
- Ability to coordinate across various functions to ensure completion and compliance.
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to all corporate and contractual issues, inter alia, under contract law, IPR laws, etc.
- LLB from a Premier Law College. LLM from a reputed University would be a plus but not a must.
- Preferably in Telecom, IT, ISP or Broadcasting Sector.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to corporate and commercial legal issues.
- A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules. Knowledge of ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, Legal, and Regulatory matters would be a plus.
- A reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offences statutes.
- Experience in drafting, and negotiating digital rights and technology contracts and content-related agreements, understanding of the regulatory regime in distribution and ad sales would be a plus.
- Demonstrated (hands-on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, review, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent research, and analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to mentor and drive efficiencies with direct reportees and to be a trusted member of the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry-specific understanding and be an effective negotiator.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and effective manner
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and people management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good team player
- Ability to travel at short notice outside Mumbai – both in India and overseas. Should be open to intra-group company transfer.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to the customer
- Anticipates potential barriers and develops alternate strategies; formulates an informed action plan to solve the problem
- Strong communication skills and good command of English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization. A pleasing personality is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply, click here.
Around The World